Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Mountain View/Silicon Valley, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C.
Technology & digital
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. BCG Platinion
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial - nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, we're bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our team applies a discovery-driven approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology. As a chief enterprise architect, you will collaborate on interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, researchers, technical experts, and consultants to develop leading IT concepts and architectural solutions. In this role, you will apply your sound technical know-how, understanding of business contexts, and analytical skills to enable organizations to technically transform.
Principal IT Architects at BCG Platinion are:
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive IT expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn't always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize IT best practices.
- Agile advocates. They are well-versed in agile methodologies and use their expertise to strategically tackle difficult challenges and implement change.
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing teams.
- Innovative. They are creative thinkers who apply their deep IT architecture expertise to envision novel design patterns for the next generation of technology solutions.
- Knowledgeable. They have a sophisticated understanding of IT Architecture, acting as a viable resource on teams as both a hands-on practitioner and subject matter expert.
You're good at:
- Solution, application, enterprise architecture and business capability mapping
- Restructuring IT processes and organization
- Supporting IT functions during mergers and acquisitions, including the functional and technical transformation of an organization's IT department
- Evaluating an organization's IT and software architecture
- Assessing and implementing IT architectures
- Evaluating products, such as core systems
- Developing technical concepts development and designing of software solutions
- Assessing quality assurance for IT implementation
- Designing work packages/modules in IT implementation projects
- Designing work packages/modules in IT implementation projects
- Reviewing technical architecture and code
- Executing technical proofs of concept
- Analyzing complex IT application landscapes and status quo for IT architecture optimization
- Developing functional and technical online and Internet strategies
- Optimizing the application development processes
- Developing team's talent by providing direction and facilitating technical architectural discussions
- Contribute to BCG Platinion's consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.