Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product / services, uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe and healthy environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our Management Systems.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Directly supervises employees in the manufacturing department. Has the overall responsibility of employees in the Production,
- Maintenance, and Shipping & Receiving areas.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems. Ensuring that they are being implemented and managed effectively and that performance improvements are taking place within their departments.
Is responsible for and has authority to initiate action to prevent nonconformity's, identify and record nonconformity's, and formulate solutions and verify solutions for problems occurring during the production process.Works closely with all department managers in this regard.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and environmentally sound work environment and should report any non-compliance to the
- Environmental Health & Safety Engineer.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, efficiencies and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, while monitoring inventory levels such as turns.
- Keeps Plant Manager appraised of production problems/quality concerns, personnel related issues and other pertinent information as necessary.
- Prepares operational schedules, coordinates manufacturing activities and lean activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled