Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders-empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact. BCG Platinion
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial - nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, we're bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our team applies a human-centered approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology. We are looking for a curious individual who is passionate about advocating for user needs. In this role, you will explore new domains and industries, make discoveries based on research data, and work with a talented team of people to create solutions inspired by those insights.
Lead/Principal Strategic Designers at BCG Platinion are:
- Human-Centered. They start with people and thoughtfully consider the usefulness and usability of everything they create.
- Expert Researchers. They both lead and play an active role in design and research. They are responsible for crafting research plans, performing fieldwork like interviewing and contextual inquiries, and synthesizing that research to make recommendations.
- Designers. They create wireframes, storyboards, and data visualizations to communicate a desired future state.
- Leaders. They lead large, complex projects, manage client relationships, and write and publish thought leadership documents.
- Discovery-driven. They find patterns, deconstruct large challenges, and communicate persuasively.
- Collaborative. They are supportive team members who give great feedback. They embrace working in interdisciplinary teams and believe different perspectives and backgrounds drive the most innovative solutions.
You're Good At:
- Be an advocate for user needs and experiences throughout the design process.
- Define and lead user engagements. Plan and lead large and complex research efforts, including in-person and remote user research to better understand people and their environments. Methods might include contextual inquiry, fly-on-the-wall observation, interviews, surveys, diary studies, and generative participatory activities.
- Lead analysis and synthesis of research findings. Capture and synthesize information into actionable insights and recommendations. Use tools like concept mapping to document the underlying information architecture for a focus area.
- Evaluate user experiences. Conduct and lead evaluative research, such as usability testing (in-person and remote, moderated and unmoderated) and expert analysis.
- Design concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes. Create design concepts at varying levels of fidelity (sketches of situations and user interfaces, wireframes of screens and interactions, etc.). Use a variety of prototyping tools (across fidelity levels) to make your ideas tangible and understandable.
- Design and lead workshops with diverse stakeholders, from client teams to community partners, to collaboratively explore domains and challenges, synthesize data, generate concepts, and present work.
- Mentor and lead other members of the team in human-centered design and the field of Human Sciences to develop talent, provide direction, and oversee output and projects.
- Manage members of the team, leading them through the CDC (Career Development) process, giving timely and accurate performance feedback.
- Contribute to the BCG Platinion | MAYA Design's consulting business by:
- Supporting business development through writing proposals, scoping projects, and showcasing the value of human-centered design to clients.
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences.
- Lead large complex projects as a project manager.
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.